ICT

The following pictures and captions demonstrate how I contribute to learning across the school by supporting in various areas related to ICT.

iPad Maintenance

The following picture is a screenshot of one of Starks Field’s iPads. For the past school year I have taken responsibility of maintaining and updating the iPads, since the post of ICT coordinator remains vacant. I have downloaded dozens of free applications, and organized them into folders. From time to time I add and subtract apps based upon the children’s needs, and my evaluation of which apps are most suitable for children’s needs.

Grant Application

In June 2015, I applied for a grant from the Ernest Cook Trust to contribute toward the purchase of another iPad trolley for the school. We currently have 31 iPads to share across the school. With such a small number of iPads, teachers have not been able to embed iPads into teaching, and the iPads have therefore been ineffective in raising attainment. Therefore, I wrote this grant with the goal of helping the school to have more iPads to use more effectively across the curriculum. The grant application can be found here: Ernest Cook Music Application 2

Logit Explorers

Given my interest in ICT, I try by best to help teachers to use technology to improve learning. During the Autumn term, the Year 5 teachers asked for help to use the Logit Explorers for a science experiment. They used the temperature monitors to measure the rate at which ice melted when covered with 4 different materials. I helped to extract and graph the data with the children. We used Excel to create our graphs. This was a bit challenging for the children, but it had excellent mathematical applications. Here are some pictures of our work.

Final Graph

This is the final graph that the Purple group created. The results suggest that bubble wrap kept the ice coolest.

Graph 1

This is the raw data from the data logger.

Table 1

This is the temperature displayed in a graph.